Friday, July 18, 2014

It's hip to be square

First I need to thank Janet for the title of my post!
I had my 9th Cytoxan infusion this month. "Love Potion #9". My symptoms that came after stopping Prednisone are pretty much taken care of. EXCEPT for the hip pain!!! So I had my hips x-rayed. I then went to an orthopedic doctor. I thought maybe Cortisone shots? Medication? Oh no........I need a Left Total Hip Replacement!!!! What the what! After a day of being confused, I have regrouped and ready to tackle this. Just not sure when it will be done. I don't think I can have any surgeries while on Cytoxan. If so, no surgery until late fall. Could have it here or in Akron. Depends on if my kidney doctor wants to be close or not, incase I have kidney problems. I will discuss with him my next appt.
Ortho said my hip socket should be round. Mine is square, thus the post title via my sister Janet! I am concerned about having surgery and it being winter and not moving much. I am prone to pneumonia! I will leave it in the hands of the professionals.


So now I sit and wait. Try to walk, but pain is no fun. :(

















2 comments:

sister jeanne said...

💕💕💕

Unknown said...

Your welcome for the title....if they can do the surgery in winter we'll get you moving somehow, really !! Love you like a sister, sister !!!